Saturday, October 24, 2009

Homework


My ipod music, my television, and my laptop impeded my progress towards productive studying. My parents used to importune for me to complete my homework before dinner time, but I would always procrastinate. Throughout middle school I continued on this path, not realizing what it would do to me in the future. Implicit assumptions were made that my homework would be completed, but I would never know when it would be completed. Once entering high school I quickly realized completing my studies in an unstructured way would not suffice. Sophomores would tell their stories of staying up till two A.M. with such brio; I'd start my homework during lunch time. Noting the homework that needed to be completed in my agenda pad allowed me to stay on task and organized. Now every time I heard my friends talk about how late they went to bed, I exhort them to stay focused and get the work done. Going to sleep at 10:30 on a school night gets me ready for a new day and the whole week.

No comments: